Friday, May 22, 2015

Vegetarianism



I have never been a big meat eater, in fact, I have almost never liked red meat but I do enjoy fish and chicken. I've always dabbled with the idea of becoming a vegetarian and I think the video we watched on Wednesday really hit home for me. Watching what animals have to go through to feed me disgusts me and makes me sick to my stomach. So, as of yesterday morning I decided to become somewhat of a vegetarian. I think I will still eat fish every once in a while but I don't like the idea of eating actual meat anymore. This article summarizes five reasons why becoming a vegetarian is  a good choice. The one that really got me was "If you wouldn't consider eating a dog, you shouldn't consider eating pig".  Side note: pigs are actually very intelligent animals. That is why I chose to put the cooked dog in my post it disgusts me. I am not writing this post to convince you to become a vegetarian but more of an insight as to why I and other vegetarians choose to live this way. The link to the article is listed below. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/national-vegetarian-week-5-ethical-reasons-to-stop-eating-meat-10260780.html

No comments:

Post a Comment